- Various (Briarcrest, Germantown, Bartlett, Southaven, Hernando)
- Fulltime Monday – Friday, hours vary
OrthoSouth specializes in delivering a first-class patient experience in comprehensive orthopedic care. Our talent-rich team of providers – including surgeons, subspecialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers – are devoted to diagnosing, treating, rehabilitating, and preventing orthopedic diseases and injuries. With 8 clinic locations and 2 surgery centers across the Mid-South, we have made access to excellent orthopedic care an easier, friendlier, more welcoming experience. As an employer, OrthoSouth seeks to recruit, grow, and retain team-oriented individuals who prioritize service to others and excellence in all endeavors regardless of position within the organization. We strive to train, support, and ultimately empower employees to succeed in their respective roles. We listen. And we work – hard – to build a culture of excellence that lifts everyone in it to greater heights. As valued members of the team, OrthoSouth Medical Assistants extend our culture of excellence into the clinic setting. They develop and maintain critical relationships with our patients and assist both our patients and providers in the clinic setting.
- High School graduate or equivalent GED
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program, an accredited nursing school program (LPN/RN), or accredited EMT program preferred. On the job experience may be considered as an alternative to professional schooling. Current state license or certification to work in TN and MS, or ability to obtain, if applicable
- Basic Life Support- CPR Certification or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to project a professional, pleasant image while interacting with others; must demonstrate tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail is necessary
- Advanced level of computer skills required, including electronic medical records, fax servers, internet, spreadsheets, and Word/Excel
- Ability to responsibly handle and maintain confidential information
- Assists patients, assembles chart information, and schedules patient appointments
- Directs patient flow, triage, rooming patients, and patient care as assigned
- Competently and accurately obtains and records patient information; assists provider(s) in clinic
- Quickly and efficiently responds to patient inquires and requests.
- Coordinates scheduling for referrals, diagnostic tests, surgeries, physical therapy, DME, etc.
- Tracks test results and reports for provider review
- Abide by policies and procedures set forth by OrthoSouth, licensing and accreditation bodies, OSHA, and other governing bodies as applicable
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to Erin Lewis at: firstname.lastname@example.org