- Germantown Surgery Center, 2100 Exeter Road, Suite 100, Germantown, TN 38138
- Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Performs scheduling function in a high volume Surgery Center. Acts as a professional liaison for staff, other hospital personnel, medical staff, and physicians’ offices. Requires specific knowledge of all clinical service lines for the operating room. Scheduler welcomes patients, families, physician and visitors to the Center over the phone. The general duties include pre-registration and registration of patients(i.e. enter insurance and demographic information into HST system plus produce registration and consent forms), receiving and directing incoming calls, distribution of mail and messages, and assisting the business office as necessary. Notifies patient of copay responsibility, and offers directions to the center. The Scheduler must work directly with the clinical staff members to properly understand lengths of procedures, room availability, and needs of special supplies. All surgeries will be posted to the schedule daily. Other duties could include completing the daily payment log and verification of benefits along with other assigned duties. Hours TBD at time of hire. Flex time permissible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Medical terminology and coding courses preferred.
- Two years experience in the medical office setting preferably with surgical scheduling responsibilities and extensive public contact.
- Typing and computer experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively over the phone, in writing and in person.
- Participates in opportunities of continuing education.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team members.
Please send inquiries, resume, and supporting documents to Angie Ephlin email@example.com.