LOCATION: 6077 Primacy Pkwy Memphis, TN 38119
HOURS: Monday – Friday
The referral coordinator at OrthoSouth reports directly to the Call Center Manager and is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service to referring medical providers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with primary care and other medical offices to schedule appointments for patients, ensuring complete and accurate registration including patient demographic and insurance information;
- Assisting primary care and other medical offices in solving potential issues related to their referrals;
- Ensuring that all incoming referrals are addressed in a timely manner;
- Helping to assure visit notes from OrthoSouth providers are returned to primary care offices;
- Verifying patient insurance information;
- Answering questions of primary care and other medical providers regarding OrthoSouth doctors, policies, and procedures;
- Providing timely and concierge level customer service;
- Maintaining ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure an excellent level of customer service.
Internally, the referral coordinator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the following data to help manage and guide the program:
- Incoming and outgoing communication with primary care and other providers including phone calls, faxes, and emails.
- Number of incoming referrals.
- Referral trends over time.
The referral coordinator may regularly work within the following systems:
- Athena Collector practice management system
- Dash by Radix
- EMA electronic medical record
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Crimson referral platform
- Shoretel phone system
- Microsoft Outlook
- High school diploma, 4-year college degree preferred.
- 1+ years in medical and/or customer service role
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- High level of organization and ability to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment and problem solving
- Ability to follow through with delegated tasks and accountability
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to:
Keith Campbell via email at email@example.com