Occupational Athletic Trainer
OrthoSouth specializes in delivering a first-class patient experience in comprehensive orthopedic care. Our talent-rich team of providers – including surgeons, subspecialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers – are devoted to diagnosing, treating, rehabilitating, and preventing orthopedic diseases and injuries. With 8 clinic locations and 2 surgery centers across the Mid-South, we have made access to excellent orthopedic care an easier, friendlier, more welcoming experience. As an employer, OrthoSouth seeks to recruit, grow, and retain team-oriented individuals who prioritize service to others and excellence in all endeavors regardless of position within the organization. We strive to train, support, and ultimately empower employees to succeed in their respective roles. We listen. And we work – hard – to build a culture of excellence that lifts everyone in it to greater heights. As valued members of the team, OrthoSouth Occupational Athletic Trainers extend our culture of excellence into both occupational settings and community athletic programs. They develop and maintain critical relationships with everyone within the communities we serve, promote injury prevention, and ensure participant safety.
- Plan, coordinate, and maintain all components of the facility Health and Safety program.
- Work in conjunction with administrators and physicians to prevent, recognize, assess, manage, treat, and recondition employee injuries.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to patient and administration inquires and requests
- Builds and maintain effective community relationships
- Abide by policies and procedures set forth by OrthoSouth, the facility, licensing and accreditation bodies, OSHA, and other governing bodies as applicable
- Current certification with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA)
- Current Athletic Training license in TN and MS, or ability to obtain upon hire
- Basic Life Support- CPR Certification or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; this is a patient facing position.
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in an industrial or occupational setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of workers’ compensation, employee safety and OSHA regulations preferred
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to:
Erin Lewis via email at Elewis@orthosouth.org