Job Posting for: Nurse Practitioner
Date of Posting: 7/6/2020
Department: Clinical Staff
Reports To: Operations Director
Location: Off Site Location
Hours: Wednesday 9am-1pm; Additional telephonic hours will vary
Direct Reports: None
Position Description: The Nurse Practitioner provides health care services to patients under the direction and supervision of the supervising physician. Candidates will work independently at a remote location while collaborating with an onsite RN. Candidates will work with a supervising physician per state guidelines. Candidates will be available on site a minimum of 4 hours per week and will be available additional hours for phone consultation as needed. The Nurse Practitioner will treat acute illnesses and injuries.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with an active state license and the ability to work in TN.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- Relevant experience in urgent care, primary care, or family practice.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; this is a patient facing position.
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Competently and accurately obtain, review and record patient information including patient history and medications
- Take and record vital signs as needed.
- Performs physical examination of patients.
- Establishes appropriate diagnoses for a patient’s illness or injury.
- Instructs and educates patients regarding health status, medications, and treatments.
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, specialists, and other healthcare providers to ensure proper treatment of patients.
- Compliance with regulatory organizations and guidelines.
- Proper documentation and charting skills.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to onsite RN and patient inquires and requests.
- Collaborates with and provides consultation to onsite RN.
- Coordinates scheduling for outside referrals and diagnostics tests as appropriate.
- Administers first aid procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to:
Erin Lewis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org