- Monday – Thursday 4pm – 8pm
OrthoSouth specializes in delivering a first-class patient experience in comprehensive orthopedic care. Our talent-rich team of providers – including surgeons, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers – are devoted to diagnosing, treating, rehabilitating, and preventing orthopedic diseases and injuries. With 8 clinic locations and 2 surgery centers across the Mid-South, we have made access to excellent orthopedic care an easier, friendlier, more welcoming experience. As an employer, OrthoSouth seeks to recruit, grow, and retain team-oriented individuals who prioritize service to others and excellence in all endeavors regardless of position within the organization. We strive to train, support, and ultimately empower employees to succeed in their respective roles. We listen. And we work – hard – to build a culture of excellence that lifts everyone in it to greater heights.
Position Description: The Nurse Practitioner provides health care services to patients under the direction and supervision of the supervising physician. Candidates will work independently with a supervising physician per state guidelines. Candidates will work in an outpatient orthopedic clinic setting.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with an active state license and the ability to work in TN.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- Relevant experience in urgent care, primary care, or family practice.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; this is a patient facing position.
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Performs physical examination of patients.
- Establishes appropriate diagnoses for a patient’s illness or injury.
- Instructs and educates patients regarding health status, medications, and treatments.
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, specialists, and other healthcare providers to ensure proper treatment of patients.
- Compliance with regulatory organizations and guidelines.
- Proper documentation and charting skills.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to onsite medical assistant and patient inquires and requests.
- Collaborates with and provides consultation to onsite medical assistant.
- Coordinates scheduling for outside referrals and diagnostics tests as appropriate.
- Administers first aid procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to Erin Lewis at: firstname.lastname@example.org