Date of Posting: March 25, 2022
Position: DME Manager
Location: 6077 Primacy Parkway, Suite 130, Memphis
Workdays/Hours/Schedule: Full-Time / Salaried / Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Management of DME Program Operations. Coordinates and advises on all aspects of the DME program. Acts as a liaison between the staff, physicians, and management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimizes the financial performance of the DME service line (currently $2 million in annual revenues).
- Oversees the education of physicians on the DME program and act as a resource for products.
- Present updates on DME program at periodic management meetings.
- Training of any staff on the essentials of the DME program.
- Oversees daily DME program operations.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Collaborates with physicians on product selection and consolidation.
- Implements an inventory management system to establish and maintain control of inventory levels.
- Establishes guidelines for ordering processes and par levels at each office.
- Oversees internal controls over DME inventory.
- Organizes and oversees periodic inventory controls and inventory reconciliations.
- Oversees the introduction of new products into inventory.
- Assists in negotiation of product pricing.
- Coordinates vendor invoicing and payment with Finance Department.
- Attains knowledge of third-party payer DME policies. Coordinates with Director of Revenue Cycle to oversee all aspects of DME Charge Master, coding, compliance, charge capture, billing, and reimbursement.
- Oversees any required pre-certification processes.
- Excellent customer and client contact skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate clinical/non-clinical staff without direct managerial oversight.
- Provides centralized leadership over decentralized, diverse processes.
- Serves as the point of contact and liaison while maintaining good communication to patients, providers, suppliers, and internal staff.
- Ability to read and interpret written and oral information.
- High degree of initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel) and ability to adapt to new software.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to review coding and compliance issues annually and develop a plan of action to correct issues, if applicable.
- Ability to review and implement procedural guidelines with clinical and administrative staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and document policies and workflow methods for improvement in performance and productivity levels.
- Participates in budgetary responsibilities.
- Develops and implements operational strategies that support achieving company goals.
- Proven work experience in rehabilitation, DME, medical practice, or athletic training.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations set by state, federal and local law.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art bracing and DME products and procedures.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum two years related experience in EMR/EHR or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS ON THE ROLE
Valid driver’s license for local travel to clinic and administrative locations.
Interested and qualified candidates, send resume to: email@example.com.