Clinic Assistant / Scribe
Monday – Friday / varies
OrthoSouth specializes in delivering a first-class patient experience in comprehensive orthopedic care. Our talent-rich team of providers – including surgeons, subspecialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers – are devoted to diagnosing, treating, rehabilitating, and preventing orthopedic diseases and injuries. With 8 clinic locations and 2 surgery centers across the Mid-South, we have made access to excellent orthopedic care an easier, friendlier, more welcoming experience. As an employer, OrthoSouth seeks to recruit, grow, and retain team-oriented individuals who prioritize service to others and excellence in all endeavors regardless of position within the organization. We strive to train, support, and ultimately empower employees to succeed in their respective roles. We listen. And we work – hard – to build a culture of excellence that lifts everyone in it to greater heights. As valued members of the team, OrthoSouth Clinic Assistants extend our culture of excellence into the clinic setting. They develop and maintain critical relationships with our patients and assist both our patients and providers in the clinic setting.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Basic Life Support- CPR Certification or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to project a professional, pleasant image while interacting with others; must demonstrate tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail is necessary.
- Advanced level of computer skills required, including electronic medical records, fax servers, internet, spreadsheets, and Word/Excel
- Ability to responsibly handle and maintain confidential information.
- One year of work experience, preferably in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; this is a patient facing position.
- Interacts effectively with providers, peers, patients, family members and vendors as appropriate.
- Assist patients, assemble chart information and schedules patient appointments.
- Assists with patient flow, triage, rooming patients, and patient care as assigned.
- Competently and accurately obtains and records patient information including patient history and medications
- Takes and records vital signs as directed; assists provider(s) and ancillary staff in clinic.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor or physician.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to:
Tammy Cook via email at firstname.lastname@example.org