CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER
Location: 6077 Primacy Parkway, Suite 140, Memphis, TN 38119
Work Days/Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday
- Certified Medical Coder minimum two (2) years coding experience
- Medical billing/collection experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge and reading of insurance eob’s to assist insurance companies/patients. Ability to interpret accounts and records
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to operate personal computer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities: (May include any and/or all the following):
- Coding and reviewing charges
- Identifies problem accounts with billing and with payors; investigates and corrects errors, follows-up and resolves past due claims and / or patient responsibilities.
- Answers inquiries by phone regarding past due accounts and insurance guidelines
- Contacts responsible party to resolve delinquent accounts; prepares payment plans and monitors adherence to plans by responsible party; directs accounts to outside collection agencies when necessary.
- May call attorneys, employers, physicians and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of billing, credit or collection matters.
- Prepare reports to identify and resolve accounts receivable issues on claims and patient responsibility
- Composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants please send resume to email@example.com