Location: 6077 Primacy Parkway, Suite 140, Memphis, TN 38119
Work Days/Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday
- Minimum of two (2) years of medical billing/coding/collection experience – Orthopedic preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of coding (CPT, HCPS, and ICD-10), billing, insurance guidelines, medical terminology, and the ability to read / comprehend medical dictation and EOBs.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance carriers and the ability to explain benefits and limitations.
- Ability to communicate medical benefits with patients and provide expectations for payment.
- Ability to follow up on claims rejections and denials and resolve.
- Self-motivated individuals with the ability to multi-task and work independently to achieve a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette required.
- Experience with data entry, Microsoft Outlook and Excel required.
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel including physicians, medical assistants, and other office staff to complete necessary tasks, to meet/ exceed goals while maintaining office protocols.
- Composing routine correspondence letters, retro authorizations, appeals etc.
- Responding to inquiries by phone and email about claims and insurance guidelines
- Identify problem accounts and trends with payors; investigate and correct errors; track and resolve past due claims.
- Ability to control escalated patient situations in a controlled environment while ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Promote positivity and team building to achieve department goals.
- Will be required to work offsets, refunds and unreconciled balances.
- Committed to successfully completing assignments provided by Supervisor or Revenue Cycle Manager.
Qualified applicants please contact Donelle Morrison via email firstname.lastname@example.org