School – TBD
OrthoSouth specializes in delivering a first-class patient experience in comprehensive orthopedic care. Our talent-rich team of providers – including surgeons, subspecialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers – are devoted to diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating orthopedic diseases and injuries. With 8 clinics and 2 surgery centers across the Mid-South, we have made access to excellent orthopedic care an easier, friendlier, more welcoming experience. As an employer, OrthoSouth seeks to recruit, grow, and retain team-oriented individuals who prioritize service to others and excellence in all endeavors regardless of position within the organization. We strive to train, support, and ultimately empower employees to succeed in their respective roles. We listen. And we work – hard – to build a culture of excellence that lifts everyone in it to greater heights. As valued members of the team, OrthoSouth athletic trainers extend our culture of excellence into Mid-South high school and collegiate athletic programs. They develop and maintain critical relationships with faculty, staff, parents, and students within the communities we serve and ensure the safety and sustainability of athletic programs for all participants.
- Interact effectively with providers, peers, patients, family members and vendors as appropriate.
- Plan, coordinate, and maintain all components of a school’s athletic training program
- Work in conjunction with coaches, administrators, and physicians to prevent, recognize, assess, manage, treat, and recondition athletic injuries and illnesses
- Quickly and efficiently responds to patient and administration inquires and requests
- Coordinates scheduling for athletes at assigned schools
- Builds and maintains effective community relationships
- Abides by policies and procedures set forth by OrthoSouth, the school, licensing and accreditation bodies, and athletic conference’s/governing bodies
- Travel is required
- Current certification with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA)
- Current Athletic Training license in TN and MS, or ability to obtain upon hire
- Basic Life Support- CPR Certification or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; this is a patient facing position.
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and contact information to:
Erin Lewis via email at Elewis@orthosouth.org